Kuwentista ng mga Tsikiting (KUTING), a private, non-stock, non-profit organization of Filipino writers for children, is inviting all writers who are at least 18 years old and interested in writing for children to apply for membership. The KUTING orientation seminar will be held on September 18, 2010 (Saturday) from 12:00 noon to 3:00 PM at Room 309,
- Four (4) copies of a sample work (published or unpublished) intended for children (18 years old and below) in Filipino or English; the written work can be any of the following:
- one fiction or non-fiction manuscript (not more than 12 pages or one chapter of a novel)
- five poems
- one TV/film script
- one 1-act play
- one comic script/book
- The sample work should be set in Times New Roman, 12 points, double-spaced on a letter-sized bond paper with one-inch margin on each side.
- 2x2 recent photo (two copies)
- All requirements should be submitted in a legal-sized brown envelope during the KUTING orientation seminar on September 18, 12:00 noon. The applicant’s full name must be boldly printed on the upper right-hand corner of the envelope.
- For inquiries send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Applicants must attend the KUTING Orientation Seminar. During the seminar, an applicant must:
1. Fill-up an application form.
2. Go through a writing skills assessment exercise
3. Pay a non-refundable Processing Fee: P150(for orientation kit, snacks, etc.)
- A maximum of twenty (20) probees will be chosen from the applicants.